Tri-State LifeCare is a non-hospice program of Hospice of Huntington. Our goal is to provide the best care and services to patients and their families throughout the communities we serve. Our Core Values of Honesty, Empathy, Accountability, Respect and Trust consistently challenge us to strive for excellence and distinction, in both the level of care we provide and the measure of dignity under which that care is delivered.
It is our belief that, in order to create an atmosphere of dignity and respect for patients and their families, we must first create one among our staff. As our organization continues to grow in numbers and areas that we serve, so does our need to attract qualified and caring people.
We are pleased to offer competitive benefits packages. Salary is contingent upon experience. Applications may be downloaded here or picked up at the business office located at 1101 Sixth Avenue in Huntington, WV. A current resume and 3 professional references are required. Send the complete application package to Pamela Hilgendorf, HR Director at P.O. Box 464, Huntington, WV, 25709. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Hospice of Huntington, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
The following Employment Opportunities are currently available within Tri-State LifeCare:
Tri-State LifeCare Caregiver – Per-Diem
The Tri-State LifeCare Caregiving program is a service line program of Tri-State LifeCare. Tri-State LifeCare Caregivers (TLC Caregiver) performs in-home services that are all non-medical services to individuals who require assistance with daily living activities. The following is a list of services that TLC Caregivers may routinely perform; however, it is not exclusive of other reasonable requests.
- Responsible for communicating all schedule changes, concerns, and any other care related issues directly to their supervisor.
- Responsible for documenting in accordance with the company documentation system set forth.
- Caregiver is expected to interact with patient and in social settings with high integrity, politeness, respect and excellent communication.
- Caregiver is expected to be prepared to act in emergency situations as trained.
- Caregiver is expected to communicate with supervisor regarding patient needs and recommendations for care plan change.
- Caregiver is expected to perform the duties that are outlined in each Care Plan.
- Play board games
- Watch TV
- Do crossword puzzles
- Arts and Crafts project
- Light housekeeping
- Dust, Vacuum, Clean kitchen & bathroom, Organize closets, Change the linen, Laundry, Light ironing, Sweeping floors.
- Meal planning and preparation
- Bathing/Showering assistance
- Personal hygiene
- Assisting with grooming needs such as hair care (excluding cutting/trimming), shaving with an electric razor, cleaning teeth and routine nail care such as cleaning and polishing (excludes trimming or filing).
- Errands & shopping
- Grocery and clothes shopping
- Pick up prescriptions
- Take client to the bank, Theater and movie events
- Dine out for lunch or dinner
- Drive to family gatherings
- Handle dry-cleaning
- Buy stamps, mail packages
- Attend church services
- Medication Reminders
- Pet Care
- Supervise home maintenance such as housecleaning
- Other job duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the various regulatory guidelines (ethical, confidentiality, legal requirements, etc)
- Possesses interpersonal skills that promote effective communication and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Illustrates effective use of time management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of the stages of the uncomplicated grief and dying process
Education and Work Experience:
- High School graduate, preferred
- Proof of current nursing assistant certification, if applicable
- Minimum one (1) year experience, preferred
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance, and reliable transportation with clean and smoke-free interior.
Certification and Licenses: None
Work Environment and/or Physical Demands:
The TLC Caregiver walks, sits, stands, bends, pushes and pulls, stoops, drives and lifts intermittently throughout the day. The TLC Caregiver must have sufficient strength to perform these duties.
Check Back for More Openings
We are always accepting applications and resumes.
Click here to apply online.
* Equal Opportunity Employer