For Physicians and Family
Tri-State LifeCare(TLC) services can be initiated by the patient’s primary physician through referral to TLC. Interested family members may also contact TLC for a referral and we will then contact the patient’s primary care provider for approval.
Referrals can be made by calling (304) 399-0225. The TLC staff will contact the patient/family to obtain consent and gather demographic, insurance and medical information, and then an appointment will be made for the TLC provider to visit. When the initial consultation is completed, the TLC provider will contact the referring physician to share Recommendations for Plan of Care information.
Patients who may benefit from home-based palliative care:
- Stage 4 heart failure and CHF
- Stage 4 COPD
- Stage 3 or 4 Alzheimer’s disease
- Difficulty traveling to doctor’s appointments
- End-stage renal disease
- Not yet eligible for Hospice services
- Medical conditions that meet Hospice eligibility criteria, but the patient declines his/her hospice benefit
- Other conditions identified by the patient’s primary care provider
Patients of all ages are accepted into our program.