Medical services are delivered in coordination with the participant’s primary care provider and can involve a nurse practitioner or PA, therapist and other medical staff as needed. A nurse is always on-site along with supervised care aides who are trained by Tri-State LifeCare. Medical services can include:
- Medication administration & monitoring
- Dressing changes
- Physical, speech & occupational therapy
- Dietary counseling
- Alzheimer’s and dementia-specific programs
Our program offers a wide range of stimulating social activities organized by our activities coordinator. A calendar of events is always available to participants and caregivers. Activities can include:
- Arts and crafts
- Exercise & therapeutic activities
- Educational programming
- Mental stimulation games
- Music & other live entertainment
- Holiday & birthday celebrations
Other program amenities include:
- Laundry services
- Massage therapy
- Personal grooming (showering & shaving)
- Hairdressing & barber services
- Manicure & pedicure services
- Access to a licensed social worker
Note that some services listed may incur an additional charge and/or be billable to insurance.
The center provides a daily hot meal and snacks. The weekly menu and service of meals and snacks is overseen by a registered dietician.
Transportation to and from the center can be provided by the family, caregiver or arranged through other resources.
AdultDay services offer many benefits to participants including improved cognitive skills, increased alertness, improved mobility, improved nutrition and decreased feelings of isolation. At the same time, the program helps reduce stress for caregivers and offers temporary relief from the physical and mental obligations of caring for a loved one.